I swear I lost brain cells in the birthing process…I get so frustrated with my own stupidity sometimes. I find myself forgetting stuff or missing things that I never would have before I had a child. Trust me men…the condition known as mommy brain? It’s not a hoax nor is it an excuse. It is 100% real.
You know you have mommy-brain when:
- You can recall a conversation and all the details about what was said, but for the life of you cannot remember who you had the conversation with
- You remember an entire sequence of events but question if it really happened or if you just dreamt it
- You skip crucial words in the of a sentence
- While sharing a story with someone you trail off only to find yourself with no memory of……aww crap…
- You start using words incorrectly
- You can’t remember the word you’re looking for to describe something
- When calling your husband for dinner you use everyone else’s name in the house first….cha, gret, mo, Stephen!
- You lay everything you need to take with you right beside the door so you won’t forget, then you walk by them on your way out and don’t even notice.
- Since you have mommy brain you tell yourself that next time you will write it down…. then you forget that you promised yourself you would do that
- You are proud because you finally remembered to write it down and added an appointment to your calendar, then you forget to check your calendar on the day of the appointment.
- You put something in a special place so you will remember where it is, but then forget where the special place is